View Single Post

Thread: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

1. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

Spoiler: Potential Pierce Tradition Ideas
    Show

1) Ephesians 6:12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
    Genesis 50:20 He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.

Halo is primarily interested in halting any demonic threats in the area she watches over. Anything like it that hunts or hurts humanity for its own selfish purposes is itself hunted directly. This tentatively includes humans that actively engage in left hand paths, but the Pierces normally turn a blind eye to the right hand side of the spectrum, even occasionally making alliances. Regardless, the primary goal is the protection of the majority of mankind. Saving lives and souls is the ultimate goal.

2) Timothy 4:7-8 I have fought the good fight. I have completed the race. I have kept the faith.

(I have fought the good fight.) When it comes to humanity in general, the Pierce line of angels pull their punches, both physical and metaphorical. Supernatural threats have no such guarantee. (I have completed the race.) No one ever truly retires when chosen by this legacy. It’s a life long battle. Many will work peacefully in the background as support, and others will rarely help on the front lines, but none of the chosen Pierces have ever disappeared without their own bloodline trying to discover why. (I have kept the faith.) Over the many, many centuries, there have been several times when humanity didn’t have a kind opinion about these angels, but the Pierces still protected them.

3) James 2:18 I will show you my faith by my works.
    Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men that they may see your good works.

Every week, Sophia is expected to do at least one act of unmitigated kindness. This normally takes the form of voluntary work in her local community, now Iron Station. Halo can make an appearance instead, but it’s generally encouraged she do all this without the wings.

4) Titus 3:10 As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him.
    Proverbs 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

For very serious moral failings, the Pierces strongly believe humans are still entitled to at least one clearly worded warning before they actively use their powers against them. For much milder mistakes, a minimum of two is necessary. Demons, vampires, magic users, werewolves, and all other manner of supernatural threat are clear exceptions to this courtesy.

5) Proverbs 4:6. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.

The Pierce family, unlike many angelic families, have always chosen to hide in plain sight, and gather an understanding of the occult forces that seek to influence humanity. Sophia actively keeps her civilian identity separate from Halo, and makes a weekly effort to stay fully aware of any occult issues going on in the area she protects. Exactly as her mother, and the tradition, insist.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2023-04-02 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Change occult focus to demon focus