View Single Post

Thread: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

1. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

November 1st
    John
    Me too, Emi replies as John starts to unpack their dinner from his tote, Dr. Riviera enters the kitchen dressed in her normal hooded sweatshirt and jeans. John spots a small bit of fluffy white fur inside her hood.

“Hey John,” she says with a smile. “Thanks for dinner.” The doctor heads into the kitchen and grabs utensils and a shallow-sided bowl.

She takes her enchiladas and the small extra bowl of pico de gallo and sits on one side of the table.

Shashka pops her head out the doctors hood as she pours the pico into the shallow sided bowl. The demon looks at John for a long moment before she carefully makes her way down Dr. Riviera’s sleeve to the table.

Emi comes in next and thanks John for the meal as she pulls out her chicken tacos. An extra plate floats in from the kitchen and settles on the table as she divides her food between the two plates— two tacos, most of her black beans, and half the rice. Small bits of tomatoes hover from the tacos on the second plate over to Shashka’s bowl.

The tiny demon watches the tomatoes with interest and then jumps, pouncing on one. She bites into it and shakes her head, ‘killing’ the small piece of fruit.

Spoiler: Notice TN 8
    Show
    John can see the her normally perfect makeup is just slightly smudged, especially at the corners of her eyes.

Ashford’s
    Stella looks at the screen again before replying to Sophia, in French. “They’re probably fine. I’ve seen both of them walk off worse, but if you’re that worried about them, I can go with you. I think Mimi would have alerted us if the situation was dire.”

While Yuki quickly pulls her hand off the table and hides it in her lap before Terrence can squeeze it, she looks gratefully at both him and Sophia. “I’ll text him. Hopefully he still has his phone.”

She pulls her phone out from her jeans pocket and sends out a quick text to her boyfriend. Once she’s done, she quietly asks Mimi, “Mimi: can you locate Drake and Keith please?”

“They are currently on a bus passing through the city center,” Mimi replies through comms. “They are on their way back to base. I’ve already alerted Harbinger to Drake’s injuries and he’s standing by to heal him when they arrive.”

“Thank you, Mimi,” Yuki says. Her phone chimes and some of her apprehension fades as she reads it. “Drake just confirmed that they’re headed back to base.”

Keith
    “Don’t… call me sir,” Drake says with a huff. He closes his eyes against the pain as the bus hits a pothole. “My bag’s in a locker at the gym back at Briarwood. Don’t worry about it. I’ll pick it up tomorrow.”

His phone buzzes in his pocket and he shifts with a grimace to fish it out.

He types up a quick response and sends it. “Looks like the news already got a hold of battle. Yuki was asking if I was okay and where we were.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2023-03-30 at 07:50 AM.