Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
November 1st
Keith
Hayden follows Crowe over to the sidewalk to his sisters. Hadley immediately hugs him, while Harper continues to chat with Zephyr.

An ambulance comes wailing onto the scene, quickly followed by several police cruisers. The ambulance comes to a stop not far from the mangled car and two medics hop out. Mercury starts to work with them to get the dad extracted, pushing metal away from pinch points and using his strength to break pieces of the interior as needed.
Crowe smiles as the kids are reunited and seeing Hayden take on his role as a big brother. He wondered what it must be like having a sibling to have your back. What was his new found sister doing and how could he possibly help her. She had done horrible things, but maybe she was also forced into it. If she was younger, then she may not even know better.

The cult mentality of the Empire was sure to play a role in that. He would need to do his job as an older brother. This entire exchange put things into perspective for him.

Ryker will probably know something, Mercury agrees as the medics manage to pull the man out and onto a gurney. They quickly get him loaded up and the ambulance peels out back down the road. I’m glad you all showed up when you did too. I was in over my head.

A police officer comes over and introduces himself to the kids. He nods to the hero as he explains that he’ll take the kids to the hospital for now, while they figure out who they’re going to stay with while their dad recovers.

The three kids hop into the policeman’s SUV with a final wave to Crowe and Zephyr.

Another officer comes by and gets statements from the two heroes, before going around to Meteor, Penumbra, and Mercury.

“Well,” Zephyr says, putting one hand in her hip, “That was definitely an interesting first date. Text me later, okay? I gotta get back to school.”

The North Sider joins her teammates and takes off into the air with them, headed back towards Bastion.
Crowe nods and grins at Mercury’s response. ”Glad I planned on talkin’ with him after the date. Should be a nice salve if I don’t get the second one. He looks around still confused as to where maybe even Yuki would have been. ”No lie, surprised you were by yourself.”

As the kids go with the officer, Crowe smiles at them and waves. “You three take care of each other, okay? And Hayden, you got this bud.”

When the other officer comes to get statements, Crowe will give his account of events and what happened, hoping that he may learn a bit more.

As Zephyr turns to him and mentions it was an interesting first date, his eyes widen and he feels his face flush. He was almost grateful for the hood covering most of his face since it was sure to be beet red at this moment.

She said date….. SHE SAID DATE! He thought rather loudly to himself. That has to be good….. Right? Maybe? **** where’s Yuki or Stella or Sidney to ask when I need them……

He nodded and had a slight smile on his face. Still blushing a good bit. “Certainly one to remember. Which, thank you, for the food and drink. And everything.” When she asks him to text her later, he grins widely and nods.

“Definitely. Even know what my next question is. Hope the rest of class goes well.” He waves goodbye as the North Siders leave, still torn on what could she have meant by interesting.

Once Mercury finishes talking to the police he makes his way over to Crowe. His armor looks whole and unblemished, though he seems to be moving a little slow. He looks purposefully at a nearby alley and has Crowe follow him. “You mind?” he says, asking for some cover while he de-armors.

As his armor melts and gets sucked back into his skin, Crowe can see them at there are several bloody holes in his shirt around his stomach and right shoulder. Bright silver can be seen through the holes where he’s plugged up his injuries with his powers.
Crowe turns to face Mercury as he comes over and when he asks if he minded, he shakes his head. “Not at all man.” He says following him to the alley, raising a curtain of darkness over it so that they are hidden.

“Stolas, make it so it looks empty when the curtain falls.” He requests of his familiar who bows in return.

Keith’s suit disappears into his shadow while the two are behind the curtain and he notices all the wounds on Drake. He grimaces and his face from earlier talking with Zephyr is now of concern.

“We should get you to Seraph or Harbinger next. Or Stella.” He shakes his head. “C’mon, let’s head back and get you cleaned up man.”

Keith lowers the curtain and has Stolas show them as looking normal for the most part as they walk, unless Drake needs to catch his breath.

“Drake, I gotta ask somethin’, and please don’t be mad but,” Keith looks like he’s slightly afraid to ask. “Why were you on your own? Figured you would be at Ashford’s about now.”

He shakes his head. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it’s just us banged up over it but not used to seein’ you patrol alone.”