Old Shadow takes the melon from Laura, grinning at her. He doesn't even bother to inspect the fruit, simply reaching down to store it on some shelf under the stall. "Thank you Laura," he says beaming. He chuckles at the comment about the promised dinner date and replies with a chuckle, "You promised Giuseppe a date, did you? Oh my, I knew that hob was a hopeless romantic, but I didn't know he was going after Changelings now." He shakes his head and pats Laura on the shoulder in a fatherly sort of gesture. The grin slightly faded he says, "I hope it won't be too much of a problem. I'm sure Giuseppe is harmless... but please do be on your guard."

Finally, Old Shadow will nod his head and say, "Very well. I am sure you are ready for me to hold up my end of the deal. Just one second." He reaches down under the stall again to retrieve a sign made of a plank of wood and string. Painted on the sign reads "Out on business. Be back soon!" in a chicken-scratch of brush strokes.

A number of gathered Hobgoblin and Changeling alike voice their complaints, but Old Shadow waves them away a grin and some mumbled cheery promises. He leads Laura across the market street, passing from oppressive bright sunlight into the cool shade of an alley, created by the space between a bakery and an ancient looking bookshop. Old Shadow ignores the smell of garbage as he shuffles over to a door which presumably leads into the back of the bake shop. He sighs, as he reaches for the door handle, and again Laura can feel the gathering electric buzz of glamour. The door opens with a creak as Shadow announces, "I would like to introduce you to an old acquaintance of mine; a master of tracking and disguise." The smell of river water pours forth from entrance.

Standing in the doorway on hind-legs is a hobgoblin in the shape of a humanoid turtle, of about three feet in height. The crown of its head is intendent like a shallow bowl, and filled what Laura immediately assumes is rain water. But to Laura's bemusement, the creature is dressed in the black robes of an action movie Ninja. The hobgoblin gives a short bow, careful not to spill any of the water from its crown and says, "Leonardo at your service," in an accent that reminds Laura of the Nintendo Mario.