November 1st
John
“You seem to have a lot on your plate,” the demon observes wryly. “If you trust her, I have no objections to you bringing it up with the doctor.“

Zylas stares into his eyes, unblinking. Compared to when he’d first arrived, John can see the difference in the demon’s demeanor and the amount of latent energy he possessed. He was beginning to look healthy again. “Thank you. Your gesture of goodwill and charity means much to me.”

As John leaves, he gives the magician a formal bow from the waist. “I wish luck to you, Dee, on your endeavors today.”

Keith
Hadley sniffles, wiping her eyes with her hands as Crowe speaks to them. She nods as her sister gives her another hug.

Before he goes to talk to Hayden, Zephyr lands next to Crowe and introduces herself to the girls, ushering them over to the sidewalk. Harper especially seems to be excited to talk to the heroine.

Hayden suddenly stands, looking with wide eyes at Crowe. Several tears start to slip down his cheeks that he quickly wipes away with his sleeves. “You don’t get it. I did this,” he whispers. He gains volume as he continues. “I thought it would be cool to be part of the Rooks, so… I was trying to join— to get away, ya know, from my dad, my sisters.”

He looks away, back down at the street. “I take care of them all the time, when Dad’s at work and I was *****in’ tired of it. I thought that maybe if I was making some money too, he wouldn’t have to work so much, so I’d sneak out at night. I-I robbed a lady,” he chokes out, closing his eyes to ward off the memory.

“She didn’t want to give up her purse, so I slashed at her with my knife,” he murmurs, hand going unconsciously to his pocket. “I didn’t mean to actually hit her, but I did. There was a lot of blood. I don’t know where I actually got her, but I took her purse and ran. I-I didn’t know she was one of Lady Orchid’s girls.”

“I got a text yesterday from the Rook that I’d been talking to that the set had gotten wind of what I’d done, that I was basically dead. I ignored it, ya know? I didn’t think they knew me, b-but they did. They *****in’ knew everything.” He can’t help the tears now, and breaks down, squeezing his eyes shut as his entire body shakes.

Metal grinds as Mercury slowly pries open the door. He looks in and shakes his head, seeing how the man is pinned by the steering column.

I’m going to let EMS move him, Mercury lets Crowe know through Stolas. He’s way too badly injured for me to do anything for him.