Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
November 1st
John
Zylas shakes his head. “There is nothing precise about the spell. They would not be able to find you. But they could attack your mind and spirit. The spell leaves you vulnerable because you are calling out using the ties between our blood as a focus point. Vrell would be able to talk to you if she still lives.”
“It will take me some time to gather the materials I need and prepare a space,” John replied thoughtfully. “That will at least give me an opportunity to see if Dr. Riviera has any recommendations about this—unless you prefer I not bring it up with her. In truth, I am not sure what I would ask her about this right now, should she and I meet in passing.”

He was pretty sure he did not want to bring up the topic while Emi was there. She had enough on her mind without worrying about her boyfriend inviting the possibility of an attack by not one but two greater demons—likely on the same day her ex arrived, given what he would need to do to prepare.

The good news—if any of this permitted his overlapping preparations to be called good news—is that he could begin some of the work and have it progress while he reviewed Dr. Issac’s notes (if Mimi had finished the translation) or assembled the Janus Mirror.

Given that he did not know when Grayson/Valèdeir would return, having the Janus Mirror completed sooner rather than later would be ideal. That, however, was set against the strain Seraph was under maintaining these wards.

Dee glanced up at Zylas. “I will begin preparing to contact your sister and we can draw what ichor we need from you once it is time. In the meantime, if you have any questions you would specifically like me to ask her, please write them out for me.

“Given the simultaneous preparations I need to complete to work on this spell, the curing of the hybrid, and the creation of a Janus Mirror in case I need to square off against what is, for all intents and purposes, a were-dragon, I should get back to work.”

Dee intentionally met Zylas’ eyes before turning for the door and did not flinch from them. “If I can help you in this, I will.”