Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
November 1st
John
Zylas, as always, stands at attention in greeting as John enters his dwelling, before relaxing somewhat.

The magician can see several emotions go across the demon’s face as he speaks. His tail twitches once and is still. He seems to take a moment to digest the information before quietly asking, “So that I understand, you believe that my brother gave my True Name to this… Rin? She is the one that summoned me and stole my blood, and they seem to be working with a demon from Urvaan-et?”

He turns away as his anger flares. His tail lashes again as he seethes in silent fury.
“I wish I could claim it were otherwise, Zylas,” Dee replied. “It is possible that your name came from a different source—a name list I am not familiar with, perhaps. I will be speaking with Dr. Riviera later today to see if she can offer any additional insight.

“That she was negotiating with the demon of Urvaan-et is more certain, however. What her plan is for the Stones of Vashuuna, however, remains unclear—as is the path by which your brother ended up under contract to her after he was summoned years ago. Reports are that she was too young to have been a member of the Cult of the Red Dawn at that time.”

He studied Zylas’s back for a moment before asking his next question. “I don’t understand why he would betray you, unless he was somehow compelled. A Spiritrack is a terrible thing, after all.

“Is there anything I can do to help?”