Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
Look, I didn't know how to find the comic in question quickly and used TVTropes, where they mentioned the harpoon. My brain did not retain that and I was thinking speargun (which seemed like something that would more easily be drawn over a shotgun, in my mind, then a harpoon), but somehow wrote harpoon gun. We do not need to (unless people really want to) go into a longwinded tangent on the differences between harpoons, spearguns, and (what wikipedia apparently thinks are most commonly called) harpoon cannons.

Re: Moray and 'take that's -- Jeph is not Randy Milholland. If he's going to do anything take-that-ish with his audience, it's going to be mostly in the 'yes I see you' level, rather than in the 'I feed on your bitter rage' level. I suspect Moray will stick around, but most of the humor will be in the 'I'm aqueous!' brand of humor -- seats getting wet, not being able to keep a cell phone cause she keeps shorting it out, etc.

Re: today -- perfectly normal '19 y.o. nerdish type doesn't know what kind of beer they want' thing is fine. Marten and Claire were going to find out what the bartender would give her anyways, why didn't they order what they really wanted (I'm assuming they have favorite beers, even through we haven't seen a drinking episode for quite some time). Maybe Jeph (who sobered up before moving to Canada, right?) doesn't have enough Canadian beer jokes to drop names here.
Its really roundabout, but theyre basically just going with what the bartender recommends. That's not especially abnormal for people who dont have particular tastes about beer.