Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
November 1st
Keith
Maeve sighs a little. “I hope it’s good. The prompt was to write a story about a fox spirit inspired by Asian folklore. Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, whatever. I’m not super happy with what I have so far, but, ya know, writer things. I’ll share it with you when it’s done though. Everyone in class is going to read it anyway.”

She stands, following Keith up to the register and orders a Java chip frappe and a cheese danish. She grins over at Keith when he asks if he can talk her into covering it. “No way. It’s my treat.”

The cashier gives the two of them a small plastic placard with a number 6 on it and Maeve taps her watch against the credit card reader to pay.

The North Sider heads back to her seat and slides her laptop back into her bag. “So how’s your day been so far?”
Keith offers a comforting smile and takes a steadying breath. The background on a fox spirit inspired by Asian culture was fairly vast, and if needed he could ask Yuki. Come to think of it he could offer to put Maeve and her in contact.

Wait but then I'm mentioning another girl in front of her and that's bad form. Does it help if it's a friend? She does know West Side is mostly all male though. He thought to himself.

"I feel that. Writer things they don't tell you about right?" He chuckles a bit. "Hmmmm though that gives me an idea for something. A Kyubi that breaks its tails to summon guardian spirits protecting their family's next heir to the power. Though, that kinda just leaves setting up in the air a bit."

He grins hearing that she would be willing to share it. "Lookin' forward to it!" He knew he would love what she wrote.

When she grins and orders, telling him he can't change her mind he grins and nods. "Thank you! I'll grab it the next time then." His grin turns a bit lopsided.

He followed her back to the seat and sat down opposite of her. Chuckling a bit nervously when she asked how his day had been.

"It's been goin'," he starts out with a nod. "The newbies seem nice but haven't gotten to talk to them much yet. Mostly spent it with Polaris teacching him a bit of meditation and helping him get better at a few games. He wants to try and impress Mercury at getting better at Kaiju Mega Brawl." He chuckles a bit. "Had a nice chat with him about mythology so it's kinda funny that's the topic of your story too!"

A few lines from Masqureade 3 came back to him. I chooseth this fate of mine own free will........ He wanted to make a good impression and talking about the video games this morning might not do so well.

"We're about the only ones that don't go to traditional school." He says a bit sheepishly. "So we ended up running to the mall a bit to get some fresh air. Did some studying this morning before everything as well for an Irish Lit test coming up. Most all of it should be on Fionn Mac Cumhaill, Cu Chulainn, and Diarmuid Ua Duibhne." He thought for a moment. "At least I'm hoping so since those were the only notes I could find available." He grimaced a bit hoping there wasn't a mistake.

He looked back at Maeve's eyes and immediately felt a bit of calm, mixed with the nerves of not being able to word good. His smile returned before he spoke again. "And now getting to spend time with you and my day is awesome!"

"How about your day so far?"