Victor shrugs, and leads the group around the building and into the motel lobby. The lobby is a mélange of beige and oatmeal and tan, all turned a sickly color by yellow fluorescent lights, and decorated with a hodge-podge of furniture that don't match and went out of style several decades ago.

The group pass a small eating area, with a soda fountain and a waffle machine, with a sign that reads, "Free Breakfast every morning starting at 6AM"! Past the dining area is the front des, where a messy haired girl sits smiling at the group. She's either Hispanic or maybe Filipina, and the brass name tag she is wearing says "Esmerelda". "Hi," she says in a surprisingly cheery voice, "welcome to The Overlook. Do you have a reservation?"

Victor saunters up to her, leaning an elbow on the desk and gives her a confident grin. He feeds her some bull**** about how the van parked out back had hit his car and he needed to see the owners. But the Esmerelda frowns and apologizes, saying that they just give guests a parking pass, and didn't register vehicles by license plate.

It's then that Victor's eyes darken. When he speaks, it is clear he is using the power in his blood to have his way with the concierge. "I need you to tell me the room or rooms of a group of men who own the van. They're likely Hispanic, probably look dangerous."

The girl's eyes take on a familiar distant look. All the joy drained from her words, she replies, "Oh, yes, I know who you mean. They are staying in rooms 204 and 205."

"Thank you," Victor says, flashing Anna and the others a grin. Turning to the group he says over his shoulder, "Have a good night Esmerelda." To the group he says, "Shall we?"

(OOC: Sorry, but having stayed at enough motels in America, they never make you register your car. They just give you a paper to put on your dash)

In reply to Rachel's statement about the phone call, Blackstar replies coldly, "Very well," giving the woman an expectant look that says, "I'm waiting".

To Rachel's question she replies, "Do your job. If they accept you, and it brings us a little more power and legitimacy, then it only benefits our Covenant." She pauses for a second before adding, "Though it would be better for us if the Spear did not... come out on top." She gives Rachel a coy nod.