Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
November 1st
Keith
As the shadowmancer check his watch, he sees that he’s a few minutes early.

The North Sider looks up when he speaks and she smiles at his compliment. “Thanks! This is kinda… normal day to day for me though. You look nice too.”

She glances back down at her laptop before looking back up at Keith. “I’m working on a short story for my English class. It’s due tomorrow and I have to write at least 7500 words. I have—“ she looks down. “2000 done. We had a pretty crazy day yesterday, so I didn’t really get to work on it this weekend.”

She shuts her laptop. “Anyway. Let’s go grab some coffee. What’s your poison? I’ll buy.”
Keith blushes a bit at her compliment. Even the part of his hair he had yet to dye back didn't seem to bother him that much at the moment, though it would still sting if that got brought up. "Thanks! About normal day to day for me too." He caught her eyes and was drawn in. You're cute. He caught himself thinking rather than saying. Caught about breathless. C'mon brain, word good.

"Think I may be changing my favorite color to green." He said a bit nervously.

As she explains the short story and the crazy day, he nods and chuckles a bit. "I know you'll get it done and it'll be great. Though, I get the crazy day from yesterday." He shook his head. "Think this evening is gonna be wild in training." He does look a bit guilty as he thinks about the deadline she has. "I'd love to read it when it's done. Only if you'd be ok with sharing."

When she mentions the coffee and her buying, he tilts his head with a small grin. "You stole the words outa my mouth. Which snacks or food would ya like too? 'll grab those." He thinks about the poison comment and chuckles a bit. "Usually just go for black coffee, though curious what their special is now thinkin' about it." He walks with her to the counter looking at the menu, and tilts his head a bit. He also looked at probably one of the cheaper specials.

Come to think of it, he still felt like he was burning up from yesterday a bit.

"I'll grab an iced mocha." He says to the cashier when he and Maeve place their orders. He'll look at her again. "You sure I can't talk you into lettin' me take care of it all?" He says with a grin.