Prince Doredan
Human Martial Bard 5
AC: 14 HP: 24/33
PP: 9 PIv: 11 PIs: 9
Conditions: ---
Standing Reaction: Dodge Roll if critically hit or if hit while at 12 hit points or less (1/encounter)

The Treasury

Taking the cloak across his arms, the prince looks at it solemnly. "I will depart with this cloak on my shoulders," he folds it carefully upon a table and removes his own red, ceremonial cloak, replacing it with the silver-lined protective one. It would take some time to attune to it, but it would serve to aid him on his quest. "And may Lathandar guide me home, with it across my brother's shoulders."

Offering the treasury guard a polite farewell, he marches his way back to their point of departure. No scroll were they able to find, but hopefully the bridges of magic would not collapse beneath them.

The Departure

With the black, starry mask upon his face, Prince Doredan looks out upon the twin trails following the moon. As he works up the nerve to step off the balcony and onto one of them, a familiar voice's wailing makes him freeze. Doredan's heart beats faster, a surge of relief and twinged heartstrings both accompanying the knowledge that the little prince had survived the moon's fall. A farewell he'd wanted to avoid is charging his way.

"Ow!" those feelings have a pang of brotherly annoyance jabbed into them, when little Ferdinand kicks him in the shin. "Don't kick me, you little-" bending down to rub his shin, Doredan catches the crying child's arms around his lowered shoulders, dangling off of him like the world's largest necklace.

Grabbing onto Ferdinand, Doredan hugs him back, fighting not to cry in front of his vassals and soon-to-be traveling companions. He pats the boy and sets him down, struggling to get him to let go. "I... would rather not go, either, to be honest. But," there's a lot of buts. The weight of responsibility and shame after failing to see through the abductors' illusion. The fear of the crown's weight. Putting their family back together. "Someone must. And I seem to have been chosen for that task."

Raising a hand to the mask upon his face, Doredan traces the unnaturally smooth material, like a glass window into a starry night sky. "I will return, Ferdy. You will make sure mother and father do not cry too much while I am gone, oui?"