1. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [DnD 5e] Playthings in an Interplanar Dollhouse- A Path of the Planebreaker Adven

Quote Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    <These ones are mere tools. They are little different to that mace you carry at your belt. Indeed, I expended them in my defeat of that raider, apparently the only such success.>
    She shrugged lightly.
    <For the sake of the venture ahead, I will forgive the choler in your statement, as I'm sure you will forgive any unintentional insult within my letter.>

Bil
    Twilight Cleric of Damh
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33 THP: 11
    PP: 17 PIv: 11 PIs: 17
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:
    3 / 5 d8 HD
    Spell Slots- 3/4 1st, 1/3 2nd, 1/2 3rd; channel 1/2
    Bil eats the cupcake Kunnian leaves him. She didn't explain about the things magic in nearly sufficient detail for his liking. Carefully, he savors the sweetness of it, leaving a mouthful behind, tucked carefully in its wrapper and secure in his rucksack. Plenty to grow back from, he thinks, just in case it works that way.

When Hylusi snipes back at him, Bil offers a nod of his head at her comparison of her minions to his mace. There was a logic there, and while undeath frequently tormented the souls of the afflicted, if no suffering was involved, if the service was willing... then there was nothing in Damh's teaching that opposed the undead per se. Everyone is entitled to seek their own bliss, as far as they do no harm to those around them. Clearly, she had misunderstood the thrust of his jab - the undeath of the her servants didn't bother him, but her blunt assurance that she would value their existence over theirs in a crisis. But there was nothing for him to gain by clarifying his position.

And then he offers a slight bow of acceptance when the mage offers her apology, backhanded though it may be. He's enough of a diplomat to know he does their party no service by deepening discord. All the same, he wishes they were setting off on more equal footing. The mage clearly sees the three non-royal companions as expendable tools. So be it. You can't be friends with everyone, and there are plenty of people in the world who aren't worth the effort.

"I need a few moments longer before we depart. The prince has kindly offered to introduce me to the royal treasurer. I have want of a spell component that I hope to never need. Can I pick up anything for anyone while I'm about?" Bil offers his new companions a buck toothed grin.
    Last edited by jscape2000; 2023-03-13 at 10:30 PM.