View Single Post

Thread: OOC Rise of the Grand Admiral

1. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC Rise of the Grand Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    presuming you guys have purchased a short range comms unit.. & are on the same channel
    (Utility Belt)
    Ration Pack (x3)
    Medpac
    Tool Kit
    Power Pack
    Energy Cell
    Glow Rod
    Comlink (Short-Range)
    Liquid Cable Dispenser (With Small Grappling Hook)

I imagine this to be similar to the hand held device that luke skywalker uses to talk to han solo and 3P0, in starwars

notation:
    cora also has a man portable long range comms unit

@GM
    Yes, short range comms work. Long range comms, basically anything beyond the relay station grounds, is out.

I thought we were told that long range comms we not working due to a field preventing that, - or was that to prevent surface to orbit comms, and not surface to surface long range comms ?
    There's a jamming field over the entire area, it's also the reason the republic doesn't know you went down, they never received the pilot's distress message. You can talk to each other in and around the relay station and that's about it (until you get the comms relay station repaired, then you can use its signal to burn through the jamming and communicate normally).
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-03-12 at 07:17 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig