1. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Questionable Content XIX: Give Jeph Just A *Little* Credit, Here

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    That seems like a really odd decision, authorially. You have two groups of characters with no intersecting points, other than very occasional crossovers (Marten going to Dora's wedding). Any plots would run completely independently at the expense of the other location, exacerbating the jokes about not seeing a particular set of characters for a lengthy period of time. There have always been characters who don't interact much, but they've always had a shared core group.
    I've mentioned before that I think Jeph's job of creating daily content is terrifying. The pressure to think up a joke or a single story, however vague, can't be easy after a couple of years, let alone 15 or more, which explains why he hammers every situation to repetitively and goes back to things that had a natural finish and keeps going with them no matter what. The urge to use every scrap of inspiration and never let a single one go unused, no matter how illogical, must be overwhelming, because if you don't use it today, what will you use...?

If this is what it takes to flex his creativity or to give him a way to experiment without affecting his main product... fair enough. He can always get Claire fired and move back to Northampton if he needs to, there's far less way out if he ends QC and fails at starting a new comic.

Other than that, what is there? More Marigold goblin hijinks? More Mommy-Milkers? Repeat Roko's Relentless Robot Rights Riot?
    There's a bunch of relationships to go back to - Clinton/Elliot, Brun/Millifeulle, Rene/Dan, Sam/Emmett, May/Sven, to name a few. Plus whatever Pintsize is going to do if Marten moves away, more yoga with Willow and Iris, Hannelore doing her thing training Claire's replacement, even Winslow adjusting to working at the AI non-profit some more? That's not even considering marginal characters like Momo, Jim and Veronica... I'd quite like to see more of the last two, to be honest, I like their dynamic.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2023-03-09 at 05:09 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation