Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
Have we just abandoned any pretense of not being a Dominic-Deegan-style hate/snark thread by now?
I try not to purposely engage with things I dislike, because who has the time for that, but it's hard to separate that from "I used to like this thing and I want to like it again." Venting about the direction QC is going and talking to others who feel the same is cathartic for me, at least for now. Not sure how long I'll cling to that if I continue to actively dislike the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
Dude, we already have a Wraith in this thread, we don't need a Ghost of Ionathus trapped between worlds because, while in life, he promised to eat everyone's hat and now some maiden of pure heart has to eat her grandad's hat so the curse can be broken.
I've never haunted a webcomic thread before - an exciting opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Not quite. Jeph has posted on his Patreon that he is A) definitely not ending the comic and B) will be switching between Cubetown and Northampton as his whim dictates, and if the comic is going to be 50% non-Cubetown then that is a 100% improvement over the current status quo and I'm kind of willing to see what he can do with the other characters while they're not sucked into its terrible terrible orbit.
This is my hope. I really enjoyed the old dynamic, and even some of the new stories too. If the comic splits into two narratives, it would be easier (if tedious) to just skip the parts I don't care about and come back when we return to Northampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
For that matter, there's not a lot of story currently going on in Northampton. There's the wedding plans, and Jeph could finally decide to advance Faye and Bubble's business storyline. Other than that, what is there? More Marigold goblin hijinks? More Mommy-Milkers? Repeat Roko's Relentless Robot Rights Riot?
This will probably be the thing that makes it or breaks it for me. If we use the Northampton time to actually dig in to Union Robotics or Pintsize grappling with being a real boy or May being a horrible gremlin, I'd keep reading. If we fixate on Yay, Roko's RRRR, Clinton & Elliot's toothless milquetoast romance, and more horrible vtuber plots, I think my days as a reader are numbered. And yes, I realize how ludicrously naïve it sounds to expect the former when the latter is clearly Jeph's line of interest :(