Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
Speaking of it, what's the next level of author's pet? Is there such a thing? Because if we haven't sped past it already, I believe we are fast approaching it.
The (original) subreddit has a running joke that all the other characters should start saying “Where’s Claire?” any time she’s not in a scene. I think that’s about the only step left to take, short of renaming the comic to Clairestionable Clairecerns.

(apologies if I got your name wrong or if I misattributed the statement)
No no, you pretty much hit the nail on the head - unfortunately :P

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
Selling terrible coffee to customers who don't drink it and are just there for the performative experience of being in a Human Coffee Shop is probably actually a viable business plan in Cubetown, at least as long as there's no meaningful competition.
Ugh, that’s what it’s gonna be, isn’t it? Wacky AI hijinks to prop up Marten’s *sigh* coffee business, handily justifying why he manages any success despite literally every factor being against him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
Could it be that they're being written out of the story and this is their happily ever after with the details being glossed over since they're not going to be focused on again outside of the occasional cameo?
Never in a million years. If Jeph writes Claire out of his comic, I will eat my hat. Hell, I’ll eat everyone’s hats.