"You saw them? Where?" The guard is quick to respond, but reins himself in just as quickly. "No, no, better you speak to our Captain more than us - she'll want to hear it from you direct. We've been having problems with bands of the blighting savages for days now. Travelers have slowed to a trickle and everyone's on edge. Normally it'd just be one of us out here, but now we've got four at a time." He gives a quiet nod to one of them, who heads off running. "Welcome to Drellin's Ferry. Probably don't need to tell you but don't cause any trouble." He turns and points beyond himself down into the little town, noting locations.

"Area in the middle with the big tree is the Green, that's the centre of town. Far side is the town hall, that's where the Captain'll be. To the north and south are inns - Green Apple and Old Bridge Inn. That one's where you want to go if you've got coin to burn. There's a Pelor shrine over yonder too if you want to pray. I'd like to tell you to go see the Captain first, but...eh, I wouldn't worry too much. If you go grab a drink or go for a stroll I'm sure she'll find you soon enough. Town ain't that big," he adds with a chuckle. "Can answer any questions if you've got 'em, but chances are the Captain will know better about the hobs, so you'd be better speaking to her about them."