1. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Questionable Content XIX: Give Jeph Just A *Little* Credit, Here

There are one or two legitimate examples, but they're quite minor.

For example, when Claire first moved in with Marten, she immediately wrote him a cheque for 1/4th rent. She's never had a job except as an unpaid intern, so where did that money come from? Her student loan maybe, but it's never mentioned as a problem before or after.
    And then after her exams, she spent what is presumed to be months looking for work without any breaks and money was never mentioned as an issue, until nepotism got her a job in her friend's coffee shop (after criticising Marten because she thought he did the same thing at the library).

She's also gone on extended monologues about LGBTQ rights and hostility against them, and how Pintsize's flippant attitude towards body modification could be perceived as a cruel taunt of transgender people... But no one in the comic has ever, ever said or done anything that isn't entirely 100% pro-LGBTQ. Not even the random by-standers who heckled Bubbles for being tall. Not even Pintsize, for a "joke".

See what I mean? She got frazzled by her exams, but only because she's a dork with no chill who completely over-prepared to score 99% in her final exam (which she then complained about and started asking about a resit). No one else has put an obstacle in her way, she's pretty much imagined her own problems and they generally turned out not to be a big deal.

Personally, I think the Cubetown job is an easy decision - she absolutely should NOT take it, in the same way that there is no amount of money that I could be paid to go and work at Chernobyl. I think it's mostly just a matter of what she'll ask for instead - she'd be way better as some kind of HR or Careers Advisor, than she would in some kind of technical IT role, and she'd still be able to move to Cubetown if that's what the plot demanded.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2023-03-04 at 01:10 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation