Calrianne reluctantly adds, "There are stories that were passed down in my family regarding the keep's castellan, who was a despicable, vile man. My great-grandfather rarely spoke of his time at the fort. I'm sorry, I don't remember anything else, but I recall that mere mention of the fort or its castellan would cause him to go pale and visibly tremble."

She hands the very fine saddle to the group. "Here, for rescuing me, I offer you this magical saddle. I see that at least one of you is garbed like a rider. This is a horsemaster's saddle, and it increases the bond between horse and rider. The horse can jump farther. The rider has greater control over their mount. And some specially trained riders who are good at group tactics can magically share that knowledge with their mount. All I ask is that you try to find me after your time at Redlake Fort, and tell me what you can."

Galakhar seems gobsmacked by what she just gave the group. "My lady, I happen to know the value of that saddle, and it is more than the captain's keelboat and everything upon it. Are you sure?"

She nods. "It is nothing compared to the life saved, and if you hold your end, the closure that you may bring my family in knowing what happened at Redlake Fort."