1. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    The rare passersby pay no attention to the weapon in Anna's possession as she and Karl make their way the few blocks to The Overlook Hotel. A man even makes eye contact with Anna to give a neighborly "hello" and nod of the head without registering the rifle's presence.

(OOC: Three successes by my count.)

Karl and Anna approach the motel from the opposite side of the street. The Overlook is an old three story, its detailing screaming 70s art deco. A small parking lot off the street is boardered by the three wings of the motel, though a buzzing neon sign screams "More Parking in the Back". Karl's mind flashes to the vision The Beast had given him of the parking lot behind the motel. Shining proudly on top of the main wing is the neon pink sign that Karl had seen as well, buzzing out in cursive lettering "The Overlook Motel". There are a few cars parked in the front lot, though none of them are the van Karl had seen. There is also a door at the base of the building with a sign that reads "Lobby Check In", though this one is thankfully not electric. The lights are on in the lobby, though most of the windows of the various motel rooms are dark.

Graham pauses for a moment before replying, perhaps mulling over his reply before saying, "Yes, she has been expecting you." He gives Rachel a warm smile and opening the door wider says, "Please come in. Follow me." The ghoul steps aside to allow Rachel in, before softly closing the door. Inside it is comfortably heated, and warmly lit.

Graham leads his guest up the stairs into the familiar parlor, where Mother Blackstar sits at a tall leather wingback chair, her feet propped on a matching ottoman. She is at least pretending to read a book, though she looks up as Rachel finishes mounting the stairs. "Please, have a seat," The Primogen says, gesturing to a nearby couch without making any attempt to rise. She closes the book without marking her place, and places it on a small side table next to her chair. Waiting till her guest has sat down, she says, "Thank you for coming Rachel. I hope you have some good news for me."
    Damn. Anna had hoped to find the van still here. As Karl’s Auspex was better than hers, she looked to him first.
    “Can you sense any Kindred or ghouls nearby, aside from us?” Anna asked Karl.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-02-26 at 10:27 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig