Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
Too be fair, in forgotten realms, resurrection magic is super duper high end stuff. Its not something every tom **** or abbot can cast, so yeah, even for kings, unless they have a Cadderly Bonaduce on staff, dead is usually dead. The people capable of magic on that level are fairly few and far between. And often both busy with their own issues, or too powerful to give a flip for what some ruler wants. Of course I may be wrong, lord knows its been a lot of years since I read any forgotten realms books and the rules are probably different now. Im pretty sure I stopped when drizzt bruenor and cattie brie were each on their second time being totally dead, no for realsies this time, haha tricked you, here they are totally alive!" (can you tell I was being annoyed by the series when I stopped reading?) But in this comic, it really IS super duper rare. This is an oddly low level high loot death world. Wouldnt shock me to find an item that can bring back the dead. But it will probably kill 5 of the users closest friends to activate.
Raise Dead is only a 5th level spell - going by the demographic tables in the DMG, every capital city would likely have someone capable of casting that.