"An axe!" Marius calls out, wincing from his injury as he does so, "Is this the Lopper?"

The young man then tries to tumble around the axe-wielding entity, hoping to avoid its attacks while on the move. Once in position, he swings the spiked head of his polearm at the monster as he enters into a defensive posture.

Spoiler: OoC
Show
Free: Knowledge check to identify the creature, especially any weaknesses
Swift: Aura of Misfortune stance
Move: 10 feet east, 5 feet north such that Marius ends up flanking with Wren; Acrobatics to avoid AoO (1d20+10)[20]
Standard: standard action attack with defensive stance (1d20+8)[9] (does not include flanking or any other bonus, does include -1 for defensive stance attack, gains +1 dodge AC from defensive stance); damage (1d12+1)[10]

Notes on Marius' Sheet: 1) Marius' ant haul extract and heightened awareness extract are not yet marked on his sheet as used up. 2) Marius has taken 7 damage so far in this fight, but he is only 2 hp short of his max hp. I assume there were some temporary hit points I'm forgetting about (and no longer see due to said damage), but I wanted to point out the issue, just in case he should be more injured.