Apex Chapel

Angus nods enthusiastically along with Bil's rousing speech, gathering a squad of soldiers together and rallying after Felicity and the harrengon as they charge up the stairs towards the chapel. However, it isn't long before they are met by Prince Doredan and Maker Kunnian on their way down, with the unconscious king slumped over his son's shoulder. Angus squeezes through the tight stairwell and asks "Lord! M'lord! King! Prince! What has happened?"

Outside the Princess' Window

The Magus' firebolt hits the mechanism that is pulling the two pirates up the line, and while it does not snap the rope, it does damage the ascender device so that it is not actively speeding them both up the rope. When the payload of swarming gorelings falls down upon the fleeing kidnappers, most of the undead are scattered over the mountainside, falling down for nearly a hundred feet before cracking upon the stones of the mountain. However, dozens of appendages tug and pull and yank at the pirates, managing to distract both of them enough that climbing the rope is impossible. The extra weight on the already frayed rope causes itto snap, and both pirates and the clump of hands fall out of sight. Hylusi's spell wraps the groggy one in a protective cushion of air, leaving her companion to be dashed across the mountainside.

With a familiar intonation of elvish words, the groggy pirate rises into the air. Staring at the Magus for a moment, one of the stray gorelings that has managed to hold on through the chaos yanks hard on the offender's mask, which comes off and is quickly taken by the wind. Flying before the Magus is her mentor, her master, and her friend, Princess Deidreinei. She looks muddled and it appears hard for her to focus, but her eyes are locked on Hylusi. Most would say that the Princess' face was a emotionless mask, but her constant companion knew better- the Princess was feeling more emotions than most commoners would experience in their entire lives.

"Hylusi... I don't have time to explain. Where I am going... you cannot join me. Yet. I must learn what we are dealing with, gain mastery over it, and then I WILL need your assistance. But for now... they will not let you come with me. They barely trust me, there's no way I can bring an ally. Follow us. We are leaving this planar backwater for the full expanse of the multiverse! True freedom, unlimited power, and worlds without number... no more knowing what each moment, each day, each year, each CENTURY will bring! Follow me, and when the time comes, we will turn the tables on the powers I work with and you and I will end up on top! I can't do this without you, but for now... I cannot bring you with me. Use the coin, follow the Path, and together... NOTHING will stop us, Hylusi!" Looking back towards the highest part of the mountain, a large sailing ship blips into existence and begins pulling away from the castle and the mountain. The Princess' eyes turn to it, then back to the Magus. There is a moment of uncertainty and pain, and then the Princess spreads her arms and begins to fly towards the soaring ship as it moves to catch up with the red, scarred moon that is ambling across the sky.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
If Dedrenei is not stopped or interrupted she will fly/run action to catch up with the boat.