View Single Post

Thread: Shattered Star: The Asylum Stone [IC]

1. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Shattered Star: The Asylum Stone [IC]

So, it usually takes The Scribe an extra hour of morning preparations. It comes from the fact he dabbles in so many fields.

So well before your intended statement above, you take your seat and are served a simple hot lamb porridge and bread for breakfast. You had expected Gav to already be here, but you don't see him yet. Shortly after you are served breakfast, a tall elven - pure elven - woman comes to your table. She is only an inch taller than you, but as you are half-human, you probably have a good 30 pounds on her. She has light red hair, almost luminous light green eyes, and is well-dressed but not to the point of noble, rich, or fashionable, though she does possess accents of very fine jewelry in a ring and some bangles. An ioun stone of a soft carnelian circles her head.

She speaks, "You are..." and here she does a very comical job (and not particularly good) of adopting Gav's patois, but more parody than impression ".... the friend o' the guv what pays."

Returning to her normal speech, she says, "Gav Nahli sends his deepest apologies, but he saw a regular come into town late last night and wanted to switch service. He briefly sought me out and told me what you seek. You may call me Myki*. I am a member of the Lamplighter's Guild. I had employed the two ... men ... that Gav had recommended to you yesterday on a personal mission of my own. It touches on a great sadness, and their prowess does not end my sadness, but helped me provide closure on five years of anguish and misery and my own investigations. My time spent on this investigation and my payment for services rendered to the pair proposed to you and your partner have put me in peril of pawning my property.

"Gav's apologetic statement is a cover, and I believe it is really the young boy's kindness, not some other service that is why he basically recommended me as your guide, though it is true I am very knowledgeable of Kaer Maga. Still, for being a human adolescent, his knowledge of Kaer Maga's living spaces is cyclopean, and he shall not want for custom.

"Are you fine with me taking his place as your guide? I will submit to any divinations, as long as you let me know what they are ahead of time. But my history and past are my own. You may not demand them of me."
    Spoiler: Iluvar
    Show
    *"Myki": Pronounced just like "Mikey," is Elven for "Emerald Void."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-02-22 at 02:22 PM.
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.