View Single Post

Thread: IC: CtL 2E New Orleans by Night

1. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: IC: CtL 2E New Orleans by Night

Laura makes her way back through the market towards Finders Keepers. The stall is a relatively prominent one in the more traveled parts of the Northern Tumbledown, its three walls made of oakwood shelving, covered in trinkets and odds and ends. The stall is already quiet busy and it's owner, Old Shadow, is busy hawking and entertaining the gathered Changelings and Hobgoblins alike. The Darkling was an aged man with a bald egg round head and bushy grey mustache. He was tall and thin, long of arm and leg in a way that reminded Laura of a spider. His height meant Laura could see Old Shadow over the crowd that was gathered around his stall. He hollered over the din of the market in his creaky sandpaper voice, cackling at his own jokes merrily as he worked. He wore a dark navy button down shirt with large floppy collar points that was buttoned all the way to the top and a pair of black flannel trousers held up by crimson suspenders. When he caught Laura's eye, Old Shadow raised a massive hand up to fix the pair of black round spectacles that always seemed to perfectly obscure his eyes, from over his long hooked nose. Shadow gestures for Laura to approach, and when she can get through the crowd to get within ear shot, he hollers, "Laura my dear. Welcome, welcome. Can I interest you in my latest finds? I picked up a pretty pearl necklace from a thicket of thorns just the other day. I bet it would look lovely on you." His lips spread into a smile that show beautifully aligned white teeth. It was the loving grin shared by one's cheeky old grandpa.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-02-19 at 01:30 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)