Rose's eyes widen when she picks up the aura of the lanterns. Her reaction is more fascination than surprise, but there is a little bit of surprise in there.

When Ted picks one up and it crumbles, Rose inspects the dust on his hands. "These lanterns-- they radiate an aura of necromancy, not unlike a will o wisp. Perhaps they are shepherds for those who arrive to this land from elsewhere. They helped us get this far. ...we could save the dust for later." Rose offers to put the dust in a little pouch to study later. It is a fascinating thing.

Now that the group finds an encampment with people they can talk too, Rose seems a bit eager to get off the raft and settle by the fire. When the raft gets to the island, she will approach and sit by the fire.

"We are expected you say? By whom, if I may ask?" Rose inquires. A moment later she blinks. "Oh right. My name is Rose. And these are my companions." Rose hesitates if they want to use their names or not. She herself usually goes by her nickname just to keep introductions easy.