View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown OOC XV

1. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown OOC XV

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Probably too early for this yet, but I want to float the idea. We could try to cause a distraction (Sounds spell might be useful) and draw them out of the camp, then rush in and rescue who we can.
    The ol' "throw a pebble in the bushes" trick? Seriously? You think that'll empty an entire goblin camp?

I also think any sneaking attempt is doomed to failure. This is an open space, and all of us except Ludo are too tall to dress up as goblins even if we had goblin hoods handy (which we don't). And since these are night goblins, waiting for nightfall would put us (not them) at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    I'm fairly convinced that we can't actually win a straight up battle, even if we can start with an ambush, but possibly a shock and awe first strike can cause enough confusion that we could rush in and grab the sacrifices. I suspect fire - and lots of it - would be necessary for us to have a chance though (both for the grabbing and the escaping).
    This would put a nail in the coffin of diplomacy before we've even attempted it. I'd rather try diplomacy first, and resort to violence if that fails. We'd lose the advantage of surprise, but given our enemies' sheer numbers, surprise wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

Plus, sorry to metagame, but the round-by-round combat system makes it impossible to move quickly while fighting. You have to choose one or the other.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2023-02-10 at 03:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.