Quote Originally Posted by Molan View Post
Abdiel has a point about the amulet.

Less savvy on 3.5e Wizardry though.

Wizards have to pre-prepare their slots every day. So each slot Oracle has is essentially under a "Dibs" system that can only be truncated by counter-spells or if she has some kind of spontaneous ability, which would usually be very limited to certain types of spells for whatever class or prestige class grants it.

So she doesn't have a "freed slot"; if she was offering that spell, that's because it's prepped and is useless unless used. The question is only when in a day (night) to use it.

Spontaneous Arcane casters in this setting (often Cha casters, with the exception of Bards) tend to be unhinged maniacs who don't properly control their magic through mage-like rigor. So, your Sorcerers, your Dread Necromancers, and, arguably, your Warlocks.
Quote Originally Posted by Molan View Post
See?

Leave the arcana to the mages there you ki-wielding child.

Still a positive outcome, lmao.
*Flabbergasted*

Good SIR do you take me for some kind of NOOB? I'll have you know I got the killing blow on Adamarchus at the end of Shackled City as it was being released for 3.5e in Dragon Magazine! Why, I've played Fatespinners, Mindbenders, Thrallherds, Archmages - the CHEEK of you!

I just have been out of the game long enough I had no idea how Oracle's thing worked and I know she can do some spell swappies.

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
Yeah, I have spontaneous divination so can always swap out for a wider variety of spells than most, but this also means I have to know divination spells for every level or lose access to some slots entirely. Luckily, Telepathic Bond is a divination spell and I have no 5th level combat spells aside from extended greater invisibility so I’ll cast it.

Yeah, like that. HARRUMPH