Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
The spirit of a prophecy of death is that it is the end of your life, though. What's the point of predicting someone's death if they come back to life afterward?
Fundamentally, at least for me, I think this is more of an issue with what semi-reliable resurrections do to narratives in general (which is to say, this is where I lay the blame). Defeat the bad guy? Well, they can always come back. Friend dead? Don't grieve, get your rear in gear and get them back alive. Assassinate the king? Well then, three days later he might congratulate you on the impressive attempt and offer you a job. If you throw in rejuvenation or other life-span defeats and then you have to rebuilt why at least the rich and powerful ever plan on dying; removing things like impressive statues and graves for lords of long ago, princes(ses) waiting to inherent the throne, or historical events lost to time (since the people who were there are still around, although then this opens up the question of how many memories a mind can hold).