Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
"You were there. I don't think anyone saw you leave the party, apart from the one audience, so I assume you'd some sort of auspex or scanner with you?"
'I never leave home without it. Although it took me a while to work out what I was looking at'

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
"An interesting question," Alia said, "and a potentially interesting solution. Board your ship, remove myself from the situation, let the Stalker fade away, and return to claim my right later? Hide somewhere in the Expanse, or did you have a destination in mind? Moreover, what would I owe you for this opportunity? Scintilla may not be the most interesting place in the sector, but it does carry with it certain luxuries I've become accustomed to."
'Well I'm sure we have a map of the Expanse somewhere. You're welcome to make a suggestion. And if you're thinking about money I'd say that, if you haven't already, you ought to get used to managing your own funds outside of your families control. I am speaking from personal experience.'

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
The problem, Lady Kindjal, is that your explanation does not ring entirely true. It leaves several... conspicuous gaps, shall we say. The use of a hollow tine as a murder implement, for instance. Or the increasing violence and savagery of the kills as of late. If we are to do business together, I will need a more full explanation. Macharius is firm, although not heated.
'Yes, I was wondering about that. Are you perhaps a gardener in private?' Anika will gesture towards Macharius, 'Macharius of course has the final say here. So I would think about answering him.'