View Single Post

Thread: Sea of Stars - IC III

1. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC III

Anika narrows her eyes at Echo's interjection but otherwise doesn't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    "Nobody below the governor can afford to move against my house directly, and even his position is tenuous enough that he'd think hard about doing it first."
    After Hannabal speaks Anika will add, 'And I'm sure the Ordo would be interested in hearing that you consider yourself beyond consequences.' In her experience even the most sociopathic criminals at least took the Inquisition seriously. 'It would certainly be interesting to check. I've always wondered what Lord Caidin is like in person. Although my understanding of the Inquisition is that there is an equal chance that if they ever found out about you they might just offer you a job.'

'I believe we were just talking about apex predators on the way here, but if you're not scared of the Inquisition I would invite you to consider your future. We found out about what you've being doing on the side. What are the chances that someone else will at some point? Are you that confident that you can be this successful at hiding yourself forever? Or are you perhaps planning to retire the Stalker very soon? Or should I ask how important it might be to your aunt that you continue as long as she wants? How much of all this was her idea in the first place?'