1. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [DnD 5e] Playthings in an Interplanar Dollhouse- A Path of the Planebreaker Adven

Hylusi Quaternaros, Magus of Bleakpines
    Magework Necromancer
    Darkvision: 60ft
    AC: 15 HP: 32/32
    PP: 14 PIv: 14 PIs: 11
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on: detect magic
    5/5 d6 HD
    Arcane recovery 1/1
    Spell Slots- 3/4 1st, 3/3 2nd, 2/2 3rd
    Fingerbone staff 10/10

The Plate Stall

The Magus let the man cook for a long minute before finally she clicked her fingers. A spectral hand plucked the purse from the man's outstretched hands and flicked it towards the silent servitors. Tui, the gold-masked, stepped forwards again to neatly catch it and tuck it away. Gold, coin-shaped or not, had value for spellcasters, even if peddling in money itself was unworthy.
    <Very well. I will accept this act of penance.> She began to turn away, face still gravely expressionless, a grey funeral mask. <Do consider your business partners more carefully when it comes to quality. Not all are as merciful as I.>

She was a dozen steps away when, just to the Prince again, the mental link trilled with her mirth.
    <My, my. I wonder if he'll have enough courage to try to sell the rest to make up for what he just gave away? I dread to think how many of those awful pieces of porcelain might be going to curse some family's cabinet.>

Potbellied Puzzle Merchant

The puzzle was, admittedly, more difficult than she expected. Carefully, her hands skittered across the surfaces, her mind picking it apart a fragment at a time - and when it came open, she realised a crowd had formed to watch. She watched the crystal lift from her palm and begin to orbit, only half paying attention to the merchant's words.

For a moment she considered it. But no - the Princess was her mental equal. If she had solved the puzzle, certainly Dei could - and it didn't fit as a gift for the human, either.
    With an easy shrug, she let one hand hold it forth.
    <Take it,> she sent easily, one of the servitors gently taking the puzzlebox from her proffered grip to pass it along to the fat human. <I have no value in a puzzle already solved.>
    Instead, she was more interested in the Ioun stone. She knew what they were, of course. There were many kinds, all told, some more useful than others - but for something that had let her flex her mind and demonstrated her ability, this would do perfectly sufficient as a prize.
    She let the little gem continue its orbit for a moment longer, then plucked it out of the air. It would be better than candles when reading tomes, without the risk of fire or the indignity of the cool moonlight of her moontouched knife.

Pleased, she continued on her way.

Star Elf

Hylusi had an academic interest in the star elves - transformed creatures, changed from their original flesh into something new. Hylusi did not pity these strangers from another star - but she did not scorn or depise them, either. A star elf (predeceased, admittedly) had been an important research material when creating the fourarmed flesh she now wore. The source for her interest was obvious, in that aspect. The lonely wretches rarely came to Bleakpines, the land hostile even if the people themselves were surprisingly welcoming to the shunned. The people of Bleakpines, after all, were used to a fell reputation.

<Greetings, cousin of the Long Path,> she sent to the elf as she approached. She inclined her head in a nod. What was the old greeting? Ah, yes. It had not originated with the star elves, but it seemed certainly fitting. <Skies gaze upon you kindly.>

Once the pleasantries were out of the way, she gestured to the minerals before her with a slender grey hand.
    <I am interested in your crystals. They will be a gift for someone - someones, rather - important.>

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

nil
    Last edited by Awful; 2023-01-31 at 10:15 AM.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.