Velein Market, At the Foot of Mount Velein, The Capital of Wissimvale, Plane of Viridor

The Porcelain Plate Stall

The seller of the plates, come face to face with the subject of his "art", stutters and protests. "No, M'lord. You look SO much better than my wares would say... I mean... not that my plates are wrong... but... they could never hope... to encompass the... RADIANCE... of the Reydalise family! Please, forgive the slight, M'lord..."

The Shaman of the Grasses' Cart

The centaur, an older woman with grey streaks in her auburn hair, leans in close and whispers in Doredan's ear. "The dreamcatchers are woven with plainssage and sweet grass and dyed with flowers I picked on my journey away from my homeland. They are blessed by the earth mother to keep foul ideas and foul spirits away from the people they guard. Hang them in your bedchamber, and you will be visited only by good dreams, kind worded sir. I must charge 50 of your country's gold pieces for them, for I need the money to continue my journey and complete my penance."

Spoiler: Insight DC 10
Show
She fully believes what she is saying, and speaks with a wisdom that portrays some expertise in matters of spirits and dreams.

Other Oddities of the Market

One small merchant drives a hairy six legged rodent the size of a mule. The purveyor is clad is robes that obscure it's body, and it sells small tanks of water with color changing squids in them that wave affectionately at passerby. The small robed merchant rings a bell, and all the small squids change color at the same time to portray a famous painting of a beautiful woman. It's imperfect and smudgey, but still very impressive for invertebrates.

A gregarious and moustachioed man with oily black hair sells clockwork creations, from birds that sing in a foreign tongue to a complex puzzle that he claims holds a magic gem inside. He allows people to try their hand at solving the puzzle, but when people manipulate the cranks, dials, and mechanisms incorrectly a loud horn blares, they jump and release the puzzle as though they've been struck with a shocking grasp, and the clockwork merchant only laughs and offers a children's puzzle instead.

A lizardfolk merchant leads a massive reptile of some sort through the market, and hanging off of the large surly beast are masks of a thousand different colors. Some are made with feathers and scales, some are made with sea shells, some are made with cloth and dye, but all of them are fetching and alluring, and the merchant promises that each lets you see "Through the eeeeyyyyeeesss of a sissssster ssssssoulllll on a wwwworrrlllddd you may never visssssit."

A small ape wearing clothes turns the crank on a small musical instrument, causing a large, obese man on a leash to dance mirthfully.

An ethereal elf-like figure with pure black eyes and star shaped pupils sells chunks of crystal that reverberate with a resounding hum when struck, growing at a creeping pace for as long as the vibrations continue. If asked, he (or is it she?) says that at their home there are entire gardens of growing crystal in a myriad of colors, and the different patterns are used in divination rituals. They look wistful and distant as they speak of their home, but quickly return to business.

A merchant in chain armor carrying a scimitar is making a small fortune selling dragon scales, wyvern stingers, and other macabre monster hunting trophies. The most prominent piece in their collection is a large, ominous eye larger than a man that seems to follow the viewer wherever they go.

A gnomish jeweler offers rings, necklaces, earrings, and studs made of "stone smoke", permanent smoky creations that do not dissipate or blow away in the wind of various colors and patterns. His partner, dressed as a thief, does a small show of sneaking up behind the jeweler and attempting to steal the necklace, but their fingers pass through the smoke as though it were... well... smoke. "It can only be given, never taken."

A disheveled man in strange, foreign looking clothing sells decks of divination playing cards, promising that each one is "truly, spiritually attuned" to the person who buys it, promising that it will always lead them to brighter horizons. Inspection reveals that they all have scantily clad men and women on them of various species.

A large being with stone grey skin that seems to have nodules growing on it is wearing furs and leathers, carrying a massive axe. They lead an aurochs that has hundreds of small stone charms woven into it's thick fur, weighing the creature down with an earthen coat. The goliath promises that each stone is saturated with a generational memory put there by his "master", and that if you cup the stone between two hands you will experience an ancient memory. Different memories have different costs, but no one who purchases one and tries the technique looks disappointed with their purchase.

All of these oddments and oddities are, to some minor degree, magical under the gaze of a detection spell.