1. - Top - End - #117
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Giantslayer: The Hill Giant's Pledge [IC]

Abenor puts his hand on Aasgar's shoulder softly to have him hold off, a common gesture over the years to keep Aasgar from getting tunnel vision.

The elf moves around the stables and inside to get a better look. A hitching post stands outside a simple stable with two stalls built along the eastern wall of the way station. Two horses were normally housed here for the use of the knights posted to the station, but the attacking orcs slaughtered the steeds, and several black-tipped javelins now pierce the unfortunate beasts’ flanks. They were dragged in the cramp space where the dire wolves started to feed on them.

His survey complete, Abenor guides the group around to the northern doors, a shed attached to the stables, really. There is a simple lock attached to the shed. Galakhar moves up to look up at and says, "The orcs didn't break into the shed. I'm going to pick the lock and we'll have a quick look. But if there aren't prisoners or something there, then we leave it alone. Otherwise, it is theft of the waystation ... for now."

Galakhar doesn't even really put much focus into the lock, it is that laughably simple. There are some tools and the like. as well as extra tack and a very fine saddle, but Galakhar clsoes up the shed and relocks the door.

The party makes its way around to the south where they would have to go up to the ladder leading straight up to the narrow platform with the drawbridge to the door. Abenor sheathes his daisho, Galakhar his rapier. Kurst puts away his sword, but keeps his shield readied.

Abenor looks to the party and even though you've all made the sounds of battle, yet he whispers. "Aasgar, you should go up the ladder and knock first. You are the best armored while begin our best physical shock trooper. I will wait, hiding on the top of the stairs. Cici, you behind me. Kurst with shield at bottom. I recommend Gharmez take a standoff position to the west-southwest in the woods at a distance where this ladder-and-platform and the drawbridge won't foil her shot. Galakhar stay with her in case there's anything in the woods. Sound good?"
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-01-26 at 02:18 PM.
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 02-07 JUN 2024.