Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
It sounds like you guys are thinking of traveling to an island soon? And you might have difficulty navigating the water? I'm not sure if my character can help mechanically, but.. you'd THINK she could help in some way? That could be as good a plot point as one can hope for.
Spoiler: Tidepath
Show

Tidepath is aptly named; during low tide, it's possible to walk there, although the distances involved usually means leaving about an hour and a half before the lowest point to get to the other side before it starts coming back in again. East side has water at all times of the day, and that's where the cruise ships and other large vessels dock, but between high and low tide all the water on the west side is rushing in or out, so you don't have ferries to cross the water except around high tide.

There used to be roads you could traverse at any time, but they're in serious disrepair, and of course with the war no one has the time or money to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
If you have a pokemon with Surf, I make two! And I've already volunteered to help!
We don't have a Pokemon with Surf, that's why I had the Ranger bring it up. Mind you, I'm not requiring your Pokemon to have Surf to traverse the water in general, but it'll be like sailing across on a raft with a couple shirts for a sail vs. using a motorboat - it'll get you there, but not quickly or efficiently and heaven help you if you need to run from Bandra forces on the open water.

I will be limiting the number of people Lapras can carry to four, though, so effectively having two of them will be useful regardless.

I will also point out that most of you have three days (Mark has two) before we're launching this attack, so it's not out of the question to go find the Surf HM.