As it gets darker Cheyanne removes a small, dull grey gemstone from a pocket and gently drops it into orbit around her head. The little rock glows brightly like a torch, but isn't able to push back the pending gloom, especially the sudden onset of mists. As the cloying moisture gets thickest Cheyanne groans and mutters, "I'll bet it's happening again...we're crossing a planar line," and looks back to see if she's crossing alone or with her new companions. With a sigh of relief she notes that she can still see all of them and turns to continue moving forward, all her senses tuned tightly to observe anything she can about the new world they're about to find. "As long as we're on regular land I'll be alright. No more gear-cities, I hope...or that dreadful wind...ugh."

When their path dead-ends at the swampy water's edge Cheyanne gets low to the ground and starts looking about intensely. She holds up her fist for a moment before catching her Ioun Torch in her hand and dimming its light dramatically. In the darkness she tries to hide more effectively and waits for several moments, listening and looking around...

Spoiler: Mechanics
Show
Cheyanne has low-light vision, but does need a suitable light source to see. She uses her Ioun Torch to shift back and forth as needed, since the Continual Flame spell on it won't burn her or anything. When she's trying to hide she will generally hold it so that it doesn't give her away with its light.

Perception (1d20+6)[26], Initiative (1d20+5)[22]