There's a brief flash of distinct weariness at the mention of Skie's name - a glimmer of personal feelings breaking through the Commander's mask. "Indeed she did. The last I was informed she and her new tiefling acquaintance have been taking on bounty work around the city." He tries, and fails, to constrain his consternation. "I've had two squads shadowing her on the Duke's orders to make sure she doesn't get in over her head. Squads that could be put to better use elsewhere."

"Your effects will be returned to you when you leave. We're still in the process of recovering the ship and sorting through the items and bodies within. You can submit an itemised list of things you lost with a clerk on your way out and we will attempt to return them to you, assuming they haven't been lost to water damage."

"In the event a criminal can't pay their fine they are tasked to manual labour in service of the city until they pay off their fine - and any accrued costs for upkeep during their imprisonment - and then exiled per their judgment."

"To the task at hand then. Over the past month or two the Merchant's League has been making a number of strange moves - selling off assets at an unreasonable pace and neglecting their more profitable ventures. The League's profits are of significant importance to the city's economy, and so the Grand Dukes have...concerns, but strictly everything we've seen so far has been legal and nothing outwardly suggests any foul play. I tried to speak to their current head Dabron Sashenstar about the Duke's concerns but he rebuffed me and told me to mind my own business." He pauses in thought.
"I've known Dabron for years, and we have always been on good terms. This was out of character for him, but someone acting out of character isn't sufficient reason to launch an official inquiry. I would like you to infiltrate the League's headquarters and investigate. However you do it, it should go without speaking that you kill no one. Ideally they would not even know you are there, but if that's impossible then at least conceal your faces and ensure everyone survive. Seek out any documents or people that may be able to shed light on the situation."