"The cells aren't meant to be interesting. It's a prison, not a spa." Scar comments dryly. [B]"The other combatants have stayed quiet and said nothing. Time in solitary my loosen their tongues, but the testimony of the civilians have at least cleared you from starting the fight, though that does not absolve you of your actions during it. Killing, even in self-defense, is not a crime we can overlook."

There are no weapons for Leaf to take - they are all throughly secured or unhideable - but he does manage to pocket a fancy quill, that might serve to assist as a lockpick, though it won't be even close to an actual tool's worth.

"Currently you have two choices: You can return to your cells and await a magistrate's trial. Based upon what we know so far, I would expect you to be fined several hundred gold pieces and then exiled from the city for a minimum of a season. More if you prove uncooperative during your wait to a trial. The second is you work off your crime with service to the city. I have a job that needs doing for the Fist, but I need outsiders to carry it out - people who are new to the city and can handle delicate work. In addition to absolving you of the killings in the eyes of the law, I'll see you compensated for your services."

"I think the choice is obvious, but it is still your choice to make."