View Single Post

Thread: Defenders of the District (MSH) IC

1. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Defenders of the District (MSH) IC

Lisa/Fury

Lisa already had a sinking feeling in her chest when she saw his fish-eye-lens image in the peephole of her door. Closing her eyes and sighing, she told herself maybe the kid just wanted to run something by her or...something else innocent. Surely he wasn't going to be the grim reaper of her social life...

Opening the door, offering a pleasant smile, "Hey Deacon! What's up?" she asked.

Then she found out what was indeed, up.

Immediately her shoulders shrunk a little.

"Excuse me, sugar..." she uttered, closing the door for a second. The door, with its heavy wooden and nicely decorated frame was sound-proof enough so that the ensuing "Son. Of. A. Bitch! Why now?!" was muffled to barely audible levels.

A moment later, the door opened once more and Lisa stood there smiling, nodding. "Right, yes, the river! Let's go! I'll just quickly make a stop first, I promise just ten seconds!" she assured.

If the kid allowed her to indulge this seeming whim, as the pair were departing her apartment complex Lisa dashed across the street to the Cinnabon's, bought one of the delicious pastry treats and attached her phone number and a sorry note to it, described the man to the cashier and asked that she had it over to him.

With that minute-long distraction done, Lisa would hurry back, nodding, "Yup! Totally, let's go!"
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-16 at 11:46 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger