Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
It's all speculative at the moment since I don't think anyone is suggesting an immediate move against Sforza, but the Iron Company isn't as invincible as you're making them out to be.
Not invincible... just comparatively powerful enough that most of the other remaining armed forces in the Reaches would rather fight by their side than against them. To form a coalition capable of defeating them, you'd need a very strong leader (which Sieghard isn't), an inspiring cause (which we don't have), and tempting promises (which we can't make).

We also have to wonder if, morally speaking, our characters are prepared to plunge the battered, starving Reaches into a new war over our desire to avenge Adelbert.

They've got numbers and they're probably the most elite close combat unit in the Reaches, but they're also pikemen and thus fairly specialized. Force them into tight confines (for example, the Karst) and their long weapons become a detriment rather than an advantage and their numbers count for nothing. Use guerilla tactics and avoid a direct engagement and there's little to nothing they can do to counter that. That sort of thing.
How do you plan to force them to fight you on your terms? If they hold the mighty walls of Savonne, they'd be fools to abandon them. I suppose we could ravage the countryside until they can no longer afford to ignore us, but... that wouldn't exactly endear us to the people we hope to rule.

As for the dwarves, I doubt they'd get involved in something like that ("Not our problem, manling!") and if they did, it's easy enough to remind them of the rumors about Sforza allying himself with orcs.
Why would they side with us? If we knowingly served under a man who allied himself with Orcs, then we're as bad as Carraciolo in their book (of grudges).