I guess just as a headcount, is The PC's Republic of Sieghardia what we're looking for, long term? It feels like something that's nominally been part of the plan since the beginning, but we've never made particular moves on since getting mixed up in all this vampire business.

Personally, I kind of like the idea, and think some politicking would make a pleasant change from the vampire business (which is fun, don't get me wrong, but I'm willing to try other play styles). However, I think the way I've played Ludo thus far means that he needs to find an unusual turn of ambition, or some external reason, to properly try and climb the ladder. However, Ludo totally has an "in" in that Sforza basically offered him a job after the trial, so I should go and take that job - if nothing else, it lets me get Sforza's ear more closely.

Does Sieghard want to talk to Sforza about the incident with Tshula? If not, Ludo can meet with him after he gets back to Savonne.

Excellent choice with the lizards, hola skinks.
The lizards performed creditably: they're such a powerhouse army at the moment that even my generalship cannot bring them down. Ton'ki Ho'ti, my lancer Scar-vet, lanced a bunch of trolls.