View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown OOC XV

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [WFRP] The Bloody Crown OOC XV

The Bloody Crown – OOC XV

We are not little men, and there is nothing that we are afraid of except Drink, and we have signed a Contrack on that. Therefore, we are going away to be kings.
    -
    Peachey Carnehan, The Man Who Would Be King (Rudyard Kipling)

Directory of past threads

Welcome to the fourteenth OOC thread for the Bloody Crown, our WFRP 2E campaign set in the Border Princes. We rejoin our PCs in the midst of a royal intrigue concerning a servant who knows things she shouldn't, while a mysterious man from the Raven Hills tries to recruit them to help find the missing soothsayer of Jarl Rorik Wolf-Risen.

Rules of Posting

Spoiler
    Show
    Activity:
    • Expected rate of posting is at least once per day.
    • If you don’t post in 48 hours, I will take control of your character to move things along - usually making them agree with the others or stay in the background.
    • If you don’t post in a week, I will set your character's Fate Points to zero and start looking for ways to kill them off.

Going on hiatus with prior warning is absolutely fine: the above rules apply to unexpected disappearances. Drop me a notification before you’re going away/losing your internet access/what have you, and I’ll happily play your character as an NPC until you can return. If you disappear without warning, I will start badgering you.

Rolls:
    • Make all rolls using the forum dice roller, either in a spoiler-box in the relevant IC post, or in a separate post in this thread.
    • Some rolls (mainly ones at which you should not know whether you have succeeded or failed, and Tzeentch's Curse for spellcasters) I will make in secret.
    • As a time-saving device, I will roll all initiatives at the start of an encounter, allowing you to get straight to your actions rather than waiting about for each other.

Combat:
    When in combat, do not wait to post in sequence of initiative: post whenever you are free to post. If your actions depend on someone ahead of you in the initiative order, you can leave conditional OOC instructions. I will conduct my rolling for each combat round in this thread, and post an IC summary that signifies the end of the current round & the start of the next.

In combat I will use a grid map, which I will post an updated version of along with each turn's GM update.

Spoilers
    A spoiler titled 'X Only' is intended only for the eyes of the player playing the character X. Please don't read 'em if they're not intended for you - you could spoil some surprises.

Finally, as a general guideline: if in doubt, make a post. Situations do often arise where two people each think they're waiting on the other before they can post. Similarly, if you think you're waiting on someone else, or if you just want to know something before you make an IC post, ask in the OOC. Particularly if it's me. I do forget things, and I do need prodding some times to wake up!

Handy Links & House Rules

Hit Location Chart - a quick reference for when you want to know where you've hit someone.

Combat House Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Charge Attacks and All-Out Attacks can use the attacker's full Attacks stat.
    • Standard Attacks get +10 to hit.
    • Missile attacks from within a range of 6 yards get +20 to hit. This bonus does not apply to pistols being used in melee.
    • Fortune Points can be used to add +10 to a skill or stat roll.
    • You can substitute your DoS on your to-hit roll for your damage roll - choose whichever is higher.

Magic In Melee
    • Spells with multiple-round casting times require a concentration test every round that the spellcaster is engaged in combat.
    • Magic missiles may not be cast out of an ongoing melee, although they may be cast on the wizard’s own attacker/s.

Critical Hits: ‘Medical Attention’
    Wherever the rules specify a condition “until medical attention has been received,” this refers to a successful Heal test.

Social Skills in Combat
    The following actions are added to the list of combat actions. All of them are Full Actions, but can be attempted as a Half Action at a -20 penalty to the relevant test.

Inspire
    Skill Used: Charm or Command
    Range: 16 yards
    Targets: N*Fel bonus, where N = number of advances taken in the skill used. If using Charm, the Public Speaking and Master Orator talents apply as normal.
    Effects: On a success, your chosen targets gain +10 to a specified skill, characteristic, or attack roll, including fear/terror tests. This bonus applies to the first roll of the given type they make in the next 10 minutes.

Co-ordinate
    Skill Used: Command
    Range: 16 yards
    Targets: N*Fel bonus, where N = number of advances taken in Command.
    Effects: On a success, your chosen targets may act at your own initiative, or at a chosen initiative step below your own, for this turn only.

Distract
    Skill Used: Blather, Intimidate, or Charm Animal
    Range: 4 yards
    Targets: 1 individual
    Effects: This test is opposed against the target's willpower, and they may automatically pass if it is not in their nature. If passed, the target may not attack you this turn. Any enemy is only vulnerable to this once.

Mounted Combat House Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fighting From Horseback

• Mounts act on their riders' initiative step and effectively confer their Movement stat to their rider.
    • A combat-trained mount may make the same attack actions as its rider is entitled to (e.g. if its rider reached melee with a Half Action, the mount is also entitled to a Half Action attack; if the rider has a Full Action, the mount is also entitled to a Full Action attack). Untrained mounts will not attack.
    • When attacking enemies on foot, being mounted grants the Higher Ground bonus (+10%).
    • A mount counts as another friendly character for the purposes of Outnumbering.
    • Opponents in combat with a mounted combatant may choose freely to target either the rider or the mount.
    • One may not use the Dodge Blow skill while mounted.

Ways To Fall Off Your Horse

In combat, making any of the following actions may require a Ride check. [M] denotes that Ride checks are not necessary for this action when riding a combat-trained mount; [R] denotes that Ride checks are not necessary when the rider has Ride trained (as opposed to using it as a basic skill).

• Charge Attack [M]
    • Disengage [M]
    • Jump/Leap [M]
    • Run [R] (at +30)

If the check is failed, the desired action may not be taken, and a half action is lost. If the check is failed by three degrees or more, the rider is thrown: they will require a Stand action to get back to their feet, and may suffer falling damage if the mount is tall enough.

Should a mount be killed while still being ridden, the rider must make an Ag test. A pass means he falls freely to the ground, exactly as if he had been thrown; a failure means he falls under the mount's body. Freeing himself is a full action, requiring a successful Strength test – he cannot stand or move from the spot where he has fallen until he is free.[/list]

Fear and Terror House Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ignore the given rules for Fear and Terror. When a character encounters a creature causing Fear or Terror, they must test WP at the start of their next turn. If they fail, consult the following table to find out the result:

Degrees of Failure Consequence
    0-2 -20% on all attacks directed at the source of fear.
    3-4 May not attack the source of Fear; must retreat from the source of Fear. If retreat is impossible, may only take a half action each round and is at -20% to all tests.
    5+ Must flee as fast as possible from the source of Fear; may not take any actions except to run. If retreat is impossible, become paralysed with fear - may take no actions & may not parry or dodge. At the end of the encounter test WP or gain an Insanity Point.

Creatures that cause Terror impose a -20% penalty on the test. Characters affected by a result from this table may test WP again at the start of each following turn to "snap out of it" and cancel all ongoing effects of Fear.
    Last edited by LCP; 2022-12-04 at 03:08 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X