Williams set to work immediately, drawing up invitations for Alia Kindjal to visit the Manticore's Sting and tour the facilities where the pilgrims would be staying. Anika put together an information package, with appropriate dead man's switches to set off delivery if anyone on the crew happened to die. House Krin seemed a logical choice, and they were assured confidentiality on behalf of the banking house when the "secure materials" were deposited. Macharius set about directing the ship's many armsmen. The ship wasn't equipped with properly large reception rooms, but outside of the shuttle bays there were at least two facilities large enough to prepare a proper ambush: The observation dome, with its armourplas view of the open void above; or the arboretum, and its winding pathways and abundant foliage.

Each of the three options came with its own benefits and drawbacks, of course. The dome was largely open, an arena ringed by balconies with plenty of places for snipers to hide, but no cover on ground level where the meeting would take place. The shuttle bays were similar, carrying the added threat of hard vaccuum on the other side of their reinforced doors, but there were plenty of avenues of escape, including whatever shuttle she arrived on, and if the Stalker slipped into the maintenance areas, they would be hard pressed to catch her again. The arboretum had limited access points, plenty of cover, and high spaces for snipers, but was closer to the heart of the ship and offered more limited sight lines. They would only have one shot at surprising their adversary.

They would, however, be getting that one shot. Alia agreed to the meeting without overly much delay, and the final wheels were set in motion. As the hour approached, Galimina found Hannabel in her quarters. "Mistress, I am... concerned. I will do what I can to assist, but the Lady is an outsider, and if I am too overt in actions taken against her, she may escape with news of my true nature. That information cannot leave the ship, not yet. I am not prepared. We risk much, allowing enemies to come here."