Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
Mmm. I wasn't a big fan of that one. Aesthetically, it was a bit too fantastic for my S&S tastes (though that's fairly common with Red Sonja), but I also seem tor ecall that she never really did anything - she basically was just working as a bodyguard for another character the whole time.
Yeah, the ending was less heroic than expected. Certaibly dark though, and I'd still rate it as pretty fun S&S. I've got the next five books standing by for the next time I need that itch scratched, and I think they'll do a good job of it.

Anyway, that leaves me with In the Lonesome October by Roger Zelazny. The gimmick of this book is that it's written over the course of October, one chapter a day. Therefore I'm reading it one chapter a day, which requires some substantial self control as it's excellent. I can see reading this over the course of many Octobers to come.

Also dove into Jeff Vandemeer's recent Hummingbird Salamander, since I felt like something a bit more difficult. It's certainly something, and takes unreliable narrators to a new level; this one isn't so much shading the truth as deliberately obfuscating it as a counter-intelligence measure. Fascinating, and I'm rather curious where it goes.