Default Re: Iron Crisis Pt3

Cheerful Sam | Grepha
    Half-Dragon Warlock/Bard | Imp Warlock
    AC: 12 HP: 55/55 | AC: 13(+3) HP: 23/23
    PP: 10|13 PIv: 15|12 PIs: 11|13
    --- | ---

Spoiler: Dreaming
    Show
    It feels distant, wandering through the memories as if lost. Seeing them fall to the ghosts of unseen attacks, falling weightlessly to a ground that feels far and away. Soon, beneath the tree, the ground falls away entirely and becomes far in truth. Drifting above the branches to survey the land.

Something compels Sam to turn and look back, to the place that started it all, and it is his own face he sees. Carved in dark stone. Everything becomes clear, and he narrows his eyes. "I did not ask for this. I owe you nothing."

As the dagger rises up between them, Sam tries to reach for it, but finds his arms locked and bound. When the dagger jabs through the chest of the effigy, he feels a searing pain and jerks awake.

Bolting upright in his bedroll, Sam grabs at his chest and heaves gasping breaths as if the wind were just punched from his lungs. Already awake after taking last watch, Grepha is poised upon a branch above with quills upon her stinger tail bristling. "Another nightmare?"

Pulling himself from the sleeping bag, Sam shakes his head and rubs his chest. "First one that came with sensations like that."

"And yet Caelyn remains sound as a babe," the imp looks down at Caelyn in her meditative trance, while tamping down the bothersome quills with a claw. "Seems the druid's staff has served its role well, after all."

"Lucky Cae," Sam grumbles while packing up his sleeping gear, then he stops and sighs. "Sorry, didn't mean it to come out like that." He looks up into the tree branches. "Did it hit you with anything too?"

Grepha shakes her head. "I had hoped our arrangement would take some of father dearest's the attention off of you. Alas, it seems it will take more to ward off his intrusions. Take heart at least in knowing it can be done."
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2022-10-19 at 01:00 PM.