View Single Post

Thread: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

1. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

"Oh, not right now," Nolwenn assures their guide with a shake of her head, "I don't think any of us but Red could make the ascent safely--well, relatively safely. But I know of spells that could aid us if we were to seek them out or I be given time to perfect them, and there are people who have tamed the dinosaurs of these jungles; surely someone has thought to try with something like the--what were they called--quetzalcoatuls we encountered on the river."

"And thank you," she continues, "I don't want to cause offense--to people or gods, if possible. I can think of any number of reasons that island of earth might float through the sky, and divine intervention is only one of them. Not the most likely, in my opinion, but its uncanny shape--yes, it does look like a heart--could stir the imagination in that direction. But it might merely be coincidence. Like I said, it looked like a wasp nest to me..."

For the next few hours before they stop, Nolwenn talks to anyone who will listen or to herself if none are available, speculating on hypotheses ranging from arcane devices to powerful magi to locations coterminous with the elemental plane of air. Whenever she doesn't have to paddle, her hands are busy with her sketchbook, doing her best to capture the image of the floating island in the distance.
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2022-10-17 at 10:46 AM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.