1. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Second Darkness: Children of the Void [IC]

Maggie frowns thoughtfully as Gravin relates his experience. "Ugh," she groans. "I'm so sorry you all had to go through that." Nearly on the verge of tears herself, the little woman's fists clench and unclench almost spasmodically. She glances nervously at Scruff, the ground, and her taller companions.

Blinking back tears, she opens eyes full of grit and determination. Nearly to herself, she begins muttering, in the lilting hodgepodge tongue of the Gnomes...
    Spoiler: Gnomish language
    Show
    "Low to the ground, fast and lean, strong enough to pull a full-grown man too fast to get a good look.... I've seen vine monsters do that, could it be something burrowing?"
    Her eyes glaze over, as she stares into the ground somewhere between the docks and wharves without seeing.
    Show
    "Probably too fast for a snake. Something with root-like tentacles? But something on them that cuts...."
    She visibly wracks her brain, scowling deep in thought, as she tries to make heads and tails of what the Dwarf is telling them.
    Show
    "Not too many things like all that.... Could be multiple different kinds of things?"

After a time, with or without a useful conclusion, she snaps her eyes back to the Dwarf front-and-center. "Master Goldhammer, I promise in so far as I can that I will avenge your companions. There's no room in nature for such nonsensical, wasteful destruction!" Her tiny fist slams into an open palm with... probably less emphasis than she would like. "You have my solemn word on it!"