It is time.

Nolwenn has spent the day preparing, and hopes she has her "routine" down pat. Invisible with the statue, she and Draelin maneuver it into position. Qawasha sets the scene by calling forth vines and creepers, which all burst into colourful bloom. The waiting grungs gasp in astonishment. The vines continue to creep around, creating a serviceable screen for Nolwenn to stand behind. She drops the invisibility spell, and Nangnang appears! There is a collective gasp, then some concerned muttering. It seems their goddess doesn't look quite how they expected her to. However, Nolwenn animates her with an illusion, and the crowd ooohs in appreciation of her feminine charm.

King Groak croaks with enthusiasm, clearly not put off by her less-than-heavenly beauty. "Nangnang! My beloved! I knew you would come! Tell me, have you come to be mine?"

The Red Horns activates one of his speaking rings, and the goddess inclines her head nobly and says, "I am yours, my beloved!"

The King clutches his chest with ecstasy, and the grungs sitting in the pond begin to cheer loudly. Groak leaps up and says, "My darling! Let us be married at once!"

Nangnang holds up her hand and steps back, saying, "No! This is not possible."

Startled, the king halts in his tracks, and plaintively asks, "Why not, oh beautiful goddess of my heart?"

Nolwenn, with a flash of intuition, has Nangnang point at their little party, then frown. Krr'ook steps forward, bows low to the floor of the shrine, and says, "The goddess will not permit outsiders to witness the ceremony."

King Groak puffs out his chest. "Archers! Dispatch the infidels immediately!" Shocked, the warrior grung step forward, but Nangnang holds up a single hand. Krr'ook interprets, "Oh King! Do not spill blood at such a blessed time! Let the outsiders bear witness to your betrothal, and spread the word of your virility! Perhaps the goddess will return for the ceremony? Soon?"

Nangnang nods, and points at the moon overhead. She spins in a graceful circle, then blows the king a kiss. Groak nearly swoons, catches the kiss, and devours it. "Yes, in one month! Oh, what a ceremony we shall have! But please, just one kiss before you leave me?"

He leaps forward, ready to grab her hand, and The Red Horns activates the ring that says, "No! This is not possible."

Crestfallen, the king restrains himself, then says, "Very well, oh beatific one. I shall await your return with longing!"

Nangnang says, "I must go, await my return faithfully, or suffer for all eternity."

The king nods vigorously and bows low, head scraping the ground. "Yes! Yes my darling! I shall await most faithfully!"

Nolwenn frowns in concentration behind her screen of vines, focusing on the illusion. She makes the goddess shine brightly, then spin on the spot, creating a beautiful whirlwind of colour. The colours fade away, leaving the inert statue of Nangnang behind. With prestidigitation, she creates colourful sparks that swirl off into the distance.

There is some confused muttering among the grung, then Krr'ook exclaims, "She has left you a statue of herself, oh king, as a betrothal gift!"

Groak hesitantly steps forward and strokes the statue. A grin lights his face, and he picks up the statue and embraces it, then carries it off into the shrine. The villagers, realizing the ceremony is over, break into loud croaks and cheers, and then the party starts in earnest.

Spoiler
Show
You can party with the grung or go to bed. The king will see you in the morning if you like, and is feeling pretty happy, so if you have anything to ask for, now's the time. Otherwise the grung will lead you out of the maze tomorrow and you'll be on your way.