View Single Post

Thread: Nightmare in Katapesh IC

1. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Nightmare in Katapesh IC

Gurmok recoils in shock as he understands the local law is in favor of... the gnoll slavers! The sound of his master's voice echoes in his mind: "Go into the world. Learn. Come back when you have seen all the lands around the sea. Then show me what you have learned." He wonders if the old dwarf anticipated that learning would entail a stint in jail. He probably did.

Clearly, resisting arrest makes little sense, and it would jeopardize the women, too. He decides to at least try and ingratiate himself with law enforcement.

"Good morning, Officer. My name is Gurmok. All we are doing here is rescuing persons who are in danger of their lives. I beg you to let us take these dying persons and carry them to a safer place. I acknowledge that I am a foreigner in this city, and I may have failed to understand the law in full. But if this is a merchant's home, then surely that business must be in breach of some safety regulations... No one in their right mind would keep animals in such an unsafe and unhealthy environment.

That said, you are doing your duty, and as such you have my full respect. I am prepared to answer for my actions."

He submits to manacles without resistance.

Spoiler
    Show
    This conversation, I guess, will last at least a minute, so, roll to Make an impression: (1d20+3)[23]
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2022-09-20 at 08:43 PM.